Tuesday, March 21, 2006

How dependant is our faith upon structure? I am not having a go at structure for all those structrue fans out there but somethimes we need to jut step back and look a little. If my week bacame completely restructured, what would happen to my faith? If I lost all of my "religious" structure including church and prayer groups and the like, how would that effect me spiritually? Too many people when they step outside of their existing structure into a new take far too long to "re-establish" their faith. For too many their faith is propped up by the "system" and something is stealing from them and they dont even know it.
Jesus lived within the strucutural system of His day but regularly stepped outside of it. I dont think he was doing it just to be rebellious but rather because he could. Jesus was a radical and for a lot of the people watching him live they would have questioned his faith because he didnt fit. Their lives were dependant on so much system. (remember, I am not bagging structure here) Their faith was maintained by what they did.
Jesus was called a glutton and a drunkard because the way that he spent his time. (with those people, not doing those things) and His faith was alive and working in and out of structure and all the experiences of life.
I ask this because I see how people have compartmentalised their lives. Their is in this compartment and it doesnt interect with the other compartments. Or pull it out the way that compartment is set up and their faith comes undone. Good Questions to ask yourself.

1 Comments:

Blogger toomanywhatifs said...

no comments as of yet??? people must be thinking really hard what to write.

It really bugs me when I go all week long in a spiritual fog, not focused on Jesus at all, and then Sunday expect this huge revelation, this regeneration, etc. It seems so empty when Jesus isn't a part of my everyday life. In fact the Sunday "structure" thing seems empty if the whole week has been a fog.

I'm learning that the very best and strongest relationships are those that are built one on one. It's hard to build a really close relationship with someone at a family gathering...there's too much going on. Likewise, my relationship with Jesus is best built one on one...just me and him. It's fun at a gathering, but it's not intimate.

That said...it sure would be lonely if all my "structure" shut down (as I'm sure you know)and I'd do my best to build a new "structure".

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home